- I want to get into the habit of reading God's Word on a daily basis.
- Set a time to read the Bible daily.
- Keep reading time set aside daily.
- Getting "too tired" to read and getting off schedule
- Being a better person by living like Christ after a year of studying His Word.
- I want to grow closer to my wife by being fully present when I am with her and spending time daily with her.
- Put phone away from 5-7 every night.
- Do something every day to show love.
- Not having the money to do what I want to do (trips, fun outings, etc)
- Getting "too tired" to go on walks or to do things
- Having no trouble getting rid of distractions to spend time with Kelsey and feeling closer than ever before after one year.
- Stay on top of my friends and family's lives.
- Call one of my friends/family members every day for two weeks.
- Plan a Christmas party for my friends and family.
- Trying to get everyone to come to the Christmas party with conflicting schedules and distance
- Dislike of talking on the phone
- Seeing all my friends and family members gathered together at the Christmas party.
- I want to teach students more about God and have them become fully committed disciples of Christ.
- Talk to Pastor Doug about leading Storyline at Monacrest to help people plan their stories.
- Announce the Storyline class to the church.
- Start the first day of class!
- Getting people to sign up without knowing the impact it will have
- The $30 fee for the book
- Trying to catch people up who can't make it every week
- Seeing youth and adult members at Monacrest envision their climatic scenes on the final day of the small group.
- I want to become involved in the stories of people who are never visited because they are outcasts, "not worth it," or generally overlooked.
- Email Javier about March trip to Cuba.
- Get Kelsey to apply for passport
- Determine money needed for the trip
- Meet with Kathy about logistics
- Start Spanish curriculum from Heartland
- Not knowing what to do in Cuba when I'm the oldest and the "leader"
- Not knowing enough Spanish
- Not having enough money to pay for the trip
- Sitting in the church foyer in Havana, seeing all my friends and Cuban family members.
- Become motivated to live every day like Christ by talking with people who inspire me.
- Call Bob Goff.
- Send a copy of my house key to Bob Goff.
- Fears of not knowing what to say in the moment
- Actually having Bob Goff use the key I send him to come to my house.
- I want to help my wife realize her subplot and role in God's story.
- Get her to sign up for Storyline at Monacrest.
- Misunderstanding the purpose of Storyline and thinking it has to do with dreaming up big ideas.
- Watching Kelsey plan her own climactic scenes and then moving toward them.